Juliette at Honeysucke Faire very kindly passed this Beautiful Blogger award on to me. Thanks, Juliette! Although, I haven't felt like much of a beautiful blogger recently. In fact, I feel like I have not blogged at all on this blog of late.
This has been a really awful winter for me; and I am so looking forward to Spring, and finding a new start.
Anyway, the rules are: Link back to the person who gave you the award, (check) tell seven things about yourself, and pass the award on to 15 other bloggers. I'm afraid I don't really know 15 other bloggers but I am going to do what I can do...
7 Things about me:
1. I sort my snack foods. Candy, chips, crackers. I sort them by color, size, and shape - then I eat them according to how I "rank" them - which I will not go into here, it's far too complicated.And with chips, I eat the folded ones first. It's a little OCD, but true.
2. I ran for public office in my home town when I was 27. I lost; but I ran my own campaign and took the State's treasurer's training so I could handle my own campaign finances. It was one of the coolest things I ever did in my whole life thus far; and something I hope to repeat one day.
3. I was home schooled through the 12th grade. The only thing I regret about it is not being able to be in marching band. I think I would have liked that.
4. My family took a road trip from NC to Montana when I was 12 years old for my brother's wedding there. Ever since, I have loved that state, and want to go back.
5. I have an extremely touchy sense of smell. Smell is a big deal for me.
6. I hate spiders; but not snakes. Snakes are ok with me. I have picked them up on several occasions, to rescue them from people who want to kill them, or mow over them..... just not venomous ones.
7. My Dad's pet name for me as a child was(is) "Chickadee".
And here are the blogs I am bestowing the Beautiful Blogger Award onto:
Herb of Grace
Journey of a Daughter of El Shaddai
In the morning when I rise... give me Jesus
Further Up and Further In
Thanks again, Juliette.
And sorry the blog is so bare and sad these days, folks - it's just a really bad time for me in the horse department.