Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Want To Give Jackie Kennedy A Riding Lesson


When I saw this photo of Jackie Kennedy, the retired riding instructor in me cringed.......

I wanted to  yell at her - as politely as I could - to STOP pulling that lovely fellow's mouth!

I wanted to tell her to relax her elbows and for Pete's sake - BREATHE!

I also wanted to tell her that she had to work at the walk and trot in 2-point position and get her leg back where it belonged; instead of it floating clear out to his shoulder; and to  drag her seat forward a few inches in the saddle instead of practically sitting on the cantle.

Oh well. Anyway, there is a whole book about Jackie O's love of horses and riding; and some very elegant photos. Including this one - which to me is not so elegant but never mind. :)
 The Private Passion of Jackie Kennedy Onassis: Portrait of a Rider

I know it's been a while since posting here; and I intend to do so more often. I've decided to get out and do more things with my horses this year, and devote more attention to my favorite hobby.

I recently became fascinated with vintage riding outfits, and bought some nifty old breeches - the kind with the puffy hips!! They are so cool; I'll post photos soon.

In other news: we said goodbye to Cisco a few weeks ago; the winter is always so hard on the elderly horses, no matter how well we care for them. :( He was well into his 30's, and had a very happy retirement; of that you can be sure.

Farewell for now!

PS - Biggest boo boo of all....... NO HELMET! :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment