Saturday, September 5, 2009

 

This is Cisco and me. I got Cisco out of a bad situation about 2 years ago. He's in his upper 20's. I sold him last December to a lady with a young son.

 

She called me a few weeks ago and said she didn't want him anymore, she couldn't "deal" with it. I went and picked him up and found him much altered and very unhappy. He was so eager to go he loaded himself into our trailer and was totally elated when we arrived home with him.

 

He was thin, his coat in grody condition, and quite lame in one of his front legs; I knew he had a little arthritis but this was much worse than it was when I sold him.

I put an ad on craigslist to see if I could find another slower, retirement type home for him and the only response I got was "why don't you put it down already....." I confess I sent back a not so thankful email to that person.

Looks like Cisco will stay with me indefinitely, and we'll move him to my parent's big field with their draft mare and Pony Butt.

How could I even think of putting him down only because he inconveniences me?

Just look at that face.

Awwwwww.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment