Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Products, continued.....

Just as I thought, I would forget a few very great things I love in my tack room: Corona ointment, and Thrush Buster!! Also pictured are some of the things I mentioned earlier.
I love Corona Ointment for skin problems, itchies, creeping crud, dry areas, hooves.... I even use it in the latest healing stages of cuts, as I think it helps the skin repair itself better.
Thrush buster is the bomb - literally. It kills thrush really fast. For thrush I also like Koppertox; except the smell gives me a terrible headache. I bought some of the less stinky Absorbine Thrush Remedy, and it is only so-so. But definitely less stinky, for sure. I had a mare in my lesson program several years ago that had suffered chronic founder. My farrier and I got it under control, but for some reason, after that, she always seemed to have thrush. Nothing worked. Then I read some place about a guy using cattle mastitis antibiotics to zap it. So I got a tube of "Today" and "Tomorrow" cattle mastitis meds and gooped it into her hooves. Killed it slam dead in a matter of a couple applications. So if you have problems with chronic thrush, that not even Thrush Buster kills, try cattle mastitis antibiotics! Most of the products here seem to be Farnam.... interesting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment